Friday, November 18, 2022

The Run I Thought Would Never End 😩

 I used to be a Postie delivered mail on cycle. This particular day it was close to Xmas so mail was very heavy. My job position then was known as a Casual Postie. A Casual Postie takes off some of a regular run and cuts the load for the Permanent Postie. This day I was called in and had lots of mail to deliver. Out on the run there are overflow bags holding the mail that can't be carried all at once. This day I went from overflow bag to overflow bag and it seemed to never end 😔 By the time I got to the 14th overflow bag, yes I said 14th I was practically in tears feeling bloody overwhelmed 😭 I was approached by a kind lady who was concerned I was still out delivering mail after 5pm. She saw how upset I felt and gave me a slice of cake 🍰 Her kindness gave me strength to carry on till the very end 🥰

I finally finished and got back to the office after 6pmish. I was pissed off 🤬 If the boss was there I would have quit. I couldn't believe one Postie was expected to handle 14 overflow bags on their own. What a test for my sanity 🙃 Amazingly despite this experience I didn't quit and continued as a Casual Postie, good thing I never was put in that situation again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share any comments you may have 😊

Vaccum Cleaner

 I was using a cordless vacuum cleaner and had to empty it. I go outside to empty in bin only to find no rubbish bin. I realised it was rubb...