Used to be a Teacher Aide and was using a guillotine to cut paper straight. I was so focused cutting paper straight I didn't realise the top bit of my thumb was in the way of the blade. I pull down the blade and not only cut the paper but also the top of my thumb. I saw I was bleeding and went to bathroom to run my thumb under cold water, but the blood wouldn't stop. I saw the receptionist and showed her my bloody thumb, she had a weak stomach and got a teacher. The teacher bandaged my throbbing sore thumb and drove me to the Accident Clinic.
After my thumb was seen to and treated I ended back at work using the guillotine to finish the job, no joke this really happened.
I learned with no use of my thumb how incredibly useful it actually is, it holds things like cups etc.
I think back now that then late 90s that incident would have never happened with proper training how to use the paper guillotine. Safety in the workplace has definitely improved since then.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to share any comments you may have 😊